High Tea | Toronto's King Edward Hotel

Wednesday 10 May 2017

in

high tea kind edward hotel review

So back in March I went to high tea with my cousin's wife. And it is now mid-May... but anyways high tea is a tradition and I doubt that the tradition has changed much in the last month and a bit. Just goes to show how far behind I fell because of moving (note to self: don't move again for a long while). So with that being said, today I will be sharing a bit about my high tea experience at one of Toronto's most popular locations!

I first went for high tea at the Guildwood Tea Room which was right next to my old high school. Sadly they closed recently, but they inspired in me a love for scones that I did not know was possible. 

At the King Edward Hotel (or King Eddy as it is known around here) we were presented with quite the tea selection. I went with a tropical green tea while my partner in crime opted for a delicate jasmine tea. 

high tea kind edward hotel review

Our first cup of tea was poured for us by our server. I found the service to be quite attentive and of course the decor was stunning.

high tea kind edward hotel review

Now... for the treats

high tea kind edward hotel review

I really dislike egg salad and any form of fish. I let our server know and he swapped those out for chicken salad and cucumber sandwiches, which was much appreciated. Once those were done we enjoyed some scones with Devonshire cream and jam. Once our scones were done it was on to dessert. Of course the mint chocolate macaron was delightful, but I loved the tart the most. 

high tea kind edward hotel review

Vicky being classy

high tea kind edward hotel review

Tea and yummy things

We enjoyed taking the time to eat, sip our tea and chat. While I think that any high tea would be lovely, I think the real difference maker is the company you have with you!

If you are interested in booking a tea reservation you can learn more here. It costs $49 (ish) per person.

Writing this post has me all excited for July when I will be going for tea at Fortnum & Mason in London. I never thought my boyfriend would be a high tea guy, but I think he is looking forward to doing something classy & British while in London. I am so excited to share some travel diaries with you soon!

If you are travelling to Toronto and are looking for something girly and relaxing I hope you will check out the King Eddy. And as always if you need ideas of things to do in Toronto, leave a comment.

xoxo

I paid for this service with my own money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment