Cold Winters & Tropical Drinks | Chic Choc Spiced Rum

Thursday 9 February 2017

in
chic choc spiced rum


We've been lucky with a mild winter in Toronto this year. But when the wind is snappy, wow do I ever start counting down the days until April or May. A few weeks ago I was in Cuba enjoying tropical drinks on the beach, so today I thought I would share one of my favourite tropical drinks to make at home.

chic choc spiced rum

1.5 oz Chic Choc Spiced Rum
0.5 oz lemon juice
2 oz peach juice
1 oz orange juice
1 oz club soda
1 oz grenadine
Ice cubes
Fruit to garnish

In a blender mix a few ice cubes, the run, lemon juice, orange juice, and club soda.

chic choc spiced rum

chic choc spiced rum

Fill a glass one third of the way with ice, and splash the grenadine on top. Pour the blender mix on top. Leave room in the glass to add the club soda. Granish with colourful fruits to make winter go away for a few moments. I used orange, lime and pineapple (and a small plastic mermaid).

I like to think of this drink as more of an art than a science-- feel free to mix it up with your favourite fruit juices and garnishes!

chic choc spiced rum

chic choc spiced rum

If you are under the legal drinking age for your jurisdiction, you can make a similar tropical drink with out the rum!

I really enjoy this drink, though my boyfriend's mom was not a fan. I think it is a bit too sweet & fruity for some tastes, but I love the tropical flavours!

chic choc spiced rum

Usually I only share food related posts when I can take the photos at my boyfriend's parents place-- their kitchen is so nice! I am excited to say that as of April 1 I will be moving to a new place that is 100% blogger friendly...that is to say, expect to see some more food & lifestyle posts coming your way soon! I kind of want to get a bar cart... :)

The Chic Choc Spiced Rum was sent for my review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment