Give Me Some Lip | Sephora Favourites

Saturday 24 September 2016

in
sephora give me some lip 2016

One of my favourite things to buy at Sephora is their Give Me Some Lip collections.  I purchased one earlier this year, and another one last year.  These sets always offer amazing value, and a great mix of full size and deluxe mini products.  Thankfully one of my wishes came true the other day when they launched their Give Me Some Bold Lip box (which I just ordered so stay tuned!).  Keep reading to see what came in this amazing little box.


sephora give me some lip 2016

I always love the lip shaped box that these goodies come in-- and I always save them though I'm not sure what for... This box contained the following:

Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment (Deluxe Mini)

I always love these lip balms as we head into winter.  They are nourishing and comforting with just a hint of colour.  While I wish they would switch up the shade, I find this universally flattering.  I always have one on hand despite never having had purchased a full size one... :)

Kat Von D Studded Lipstick in Lovecraft (Deluxe Mini)

I'll be honest, I was not a big fan of this formula.  I found it quite dry and felt that it tugged on my lips in an uncomfortable way.  If you watch the video, you'll see whatI mean.  I thought it looked good on, but it honestly did not feel very good.

Lancôme Juicy Shaker in 313 Boom-Meringue (Full Size)

This was a real highlight in the box for me! These feel amazing to apply, they smell yummy, and they look great on the lips while adding nourishment.  I thought these were over hyped in the blogging world... until I gave it a chance :)

NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien (Deluxe Mini)

I was not too excited to see this in the box.  Everybody got one of these for their birthdays (side note: Can't wait to see what 2017 birthday gifts Sephora has!), so it felt like overstock.  I would have rather seen this formula in a different colour.  

Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Stepping Out (Full Size)

I am a huge fan of this formula, and while I thought the colour was trendy, I did not love how it looked on me.  I would have preferred it to be more pink or mauve and less grey.  I would love to get more of these liquid lipsticks though, and will probably redeem some Sephora points for some in the next few months! The wear time on this liquid lipstick is exceptional.

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Chihuahua (Deluxe Mini)

This is a beautiful colour and a great formula.  In my mind this is the perfect mauvey "My Lips But Better" mainly because it is not too heavy on the grey.  Also it feels really good on the lips and has a good wear time.

Overall I felt there were a number of repeat products in this kit.  It would have been nice if they had switched it up.  The colours were great, and the individual products were lovely, but as a curated collection I think it could have been better.

For swatches and a try on please watch this video, and if you like what you see, subscribe! I will be hosting a big 500 Subscriber giveaway soon that you won't want to miss!



Thanks for watching! xoxo

Have you picked up one of these sets yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment