Marc Jacobs Mod Noir*

Friday 26 August 2016

in
marc jacobs mod noir review

Have you ever idly waltzed into Sephora, swatching products on your hand and smelling whichever perfumes with pretty bottles, just because, only to find one of those scents just stays in the back of your mind?  Have you ever gone back in to try it on your skin, only to get compliments from everybody you see that day? Well that's what happened to me with this bold scent, and today I am here with a review for you.



The first thing that drew me to this perfume was how minimalist and chic the bottle was. It is a comfortable size to hold in your hand, and looks great on a vanity. As a huge Sephora addict I also enjoy how the bottle resembled the iconic store entrance. However, it was actually inspired by Marc Jacob's runway collections, combining black and white, stripes and circular, glossy and frosted matte into something unique, striking and beautiful.

This scent both looks and smells contemporary, and fresh, with out being boring. I feel like I can wear this perfume to work, but easily transition with it to a date or a girls' night with out it feeling either too sexy for work, or too stuffy for going out-- hardly the most professional way to explain it, but for me, perfume is all about how it makes me feel.

With notes of gardenia, greens and creamy musks this is bold, modern and unique. If there was one word to describe how I feel when I wear this I would say "confident". However if I were to go further I would say that this perfume makes me feel like a confident, young career woman. As I have mentioned, it isn't tight and stuffy (aka "old"), nor is it too "girly". Its something I am confident to wear to a work meeting, as a young, aspiring career professional.

I found that this fragrance had a considerable wear time, and after applying it in the morning I could still smell is at the end of the day.

What fragrances are you loving as we transition from Summer to Fall?

Mod Noir retails for $80 CAD for 1 oz (30 mL) or $110 CAD for 1.7 oz (50 mL). It is also available in a roller ball (0.33 oz / 10 mL) for $34 CAD. It is available at Sephora.

*This product was provided for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment