What's In My Z-Palette?

Wednesday 11 May 2016

in

sephora z palette

Last month I was going through some of my make-up and I came across my smaller Z-Palette. Between moving and the general business of life this some how just ended up in the back of my collection.  I am so happy to have it back out for summer, and thought I would share with you what I keep in her, because I know I am nosey enough to want to know what others keep in theirs!
Just in case anybody reading this is not familiar with Z-Palettes...Z-Palettes are empty palettes with a magnetic base.  You can swap in and out any powders you wish.  Makeup Geek and MAC pans are already magnetic.  Some other pans are not.  Each Z-Palette comes with a little set of stick on magnets, making it easy to re-home any depotted products. They come in different sizes and can be purchased at Sephora, Makeup Geek, Nail Polish Canada and other retailers.  It is a great way to cut out bulky packaging and to have all of your products in one place.

make up geek z palette

MAC

Peaches (Blush)

This blush was given to me by one of my best friends when she made the switch from regular make-up to cruelty free (and also possibly vegan?) cosmetics.  She decided that she would find loving homes for her collection and replace it with CF options, and she offered me this blush.

Peaches is a super pretty coral-peach blush that I just love wearing in the summer months.  It really looks great on me with a bit of a tan and just brightens up my look.  This blush did not come with any packaging, hence how it ended up in my palette.  Lately I have been reaching for it in the mornings. I'm loving this pretty pop of coral-peach for spring!

Smashbox

Step-By-Step Contour Kit

Smashbox was contouring before everybody else had a palette.  I grabbed this ages ago and somewhere over the course of my travels I broke the palette to the point that the top and bottom weren't attached.  It was pretty intense to get these de-potted (you can see the scars) but I was really pleased once I did!  

This kit contains a contour shade, a bronzer, and a matte highlighter.  This was my first contour love, and hopefully it will get some more attention from me again this summer!

Makeup Geek

Makeup Geek (MUG) makes some amazing quality eyeshadows for $6 USD a pop, with their foiled shadows costing a little bit more.  I think their best finish is metallic/satin, but generally I think they are pretty great.  Part of the reason their products are so affordable is that they don't include packaging-- so a Z-Palette is the perfect place for them!  

Duchess is a stunning matte with a touch of glitter cool toned purple.  I love building this up in the crease for a defined pop of colour!

Mermaid is literally perfection, teal, shimmery, little tiny bits of gold, and so buttery.

Mesmerized ($10) is a foiled shadow.  A beautiful medium taupe with purple undertones, this can go neutral or add to a plummy look based on what you pair with it.  The texture is just amazing.

Twilight is a perfect rosey-taupe that is so wonderful in the crease.  Honestly this eyeshadow is just a beautiful transition shade that is so easy to work with.

With the recent drop in price of MAC individual shadows, these now cost about the same.  MAC is $8 CAD each, and MUG is $6 USD.

If you love Make Up Geek then I encourage you to head over to my Instagram today at about 3:00 PM EST ;)

make up geek duchess mermaid mesmerized twilight

Swatches


make up geek duchess mermaid mesmerized twilight

If you like this look that I created, check my post + MUG reviews here.

Z-Palettes can be purchased at Sephora, Nail Polish Canada, and Makeup Geek.  I love how high the case is, and that there is a clear window.  It makes it easy for me to see what I have inside.  They come in various sizes.  Generally I recommend the largest size so you can fit as much in as possible, however this smaller palette is great because I basically have everything I need for a look in one place.

Z-Palettes are a great way to combine brands to make your own custom palette, while saving space in your beauty drawer.

I find I reach for Peaches more because I already have the palette open to use Twilight for a typical day look/

What do you keep in your Z-Palette?

No comments:

Post a Comment