Julep | It's Whipped

Friday 11 March 2016

in

julep it's whipped collection

In December Julep launched their take on the matte crème lipstick trend with the release of "It's Whipped.  This matte lip mousse is saturated, super long lasting and beyond flattering.  With reds, berrys, nudes and some pops of colour, their initial launch has something for everyone.


julep it's whipped collection swatches

Kiss Me, XOXO, Smooch, Beso, Bisou, Oh La La

julep it's whipped oh la la

Oh La La is a nude with strong grey undertones.

julep it's whipped bisou

Bisou is my perfect my lips but better.  I also think it has the best formula.

julep it's whipped beso

Beso is another one of my favourites-- great punch of orange-red.

julep it's whipped smooch

Smooch is a great red.

julep it's whipped xoxo

XOXO has quite a bit of pink in it.  Perfect for spring!

julep it's whipped kiss me

Kiss Me has a very patchy formula... not the best.

In general I would say that It's Whipped has a great, consistent formula.  However Kiss Me is quite patchy ant not very flattering.  Beso and Bisou are my two favourites, plus It's Midnight (which I did not feature in this post as it is from the Holiday Collection).  Beso is the perfect punch of orange-red, and Bisou is a beyond flattering my-lips-but-better.  It has been all but sold out over the last few months, however it is my understanding that this is a permeant collection.

I love the hourglass applicator.  While some people don't agree with me, I find it creates a nice sharp line while totally hugging my lips.

I find that these dry well as a demi-matte and while are a bit drying are no where near the worst on the spectrum.  I don't reach for these as much as I would like to so I think I need to shift them back to the top of my pile! 

Overall these are great products and I suggest you add at least one to your collection!

It's Whipped retails for $22 USD.

Bonus:  The December 2015 Julep Nail Polishes

Literally the prettiest collection ever.



What is your favourite all time Julep product?

No comments:

Post a Comment