Guest Post | Sarah from Workaday Beauty

Wednesday 2 March 2016

in
Today I am participating in the CBB Guest Post March Rotation!

makeup look pantone colours of year rose quartz serenity

Hello, I'm Sarah from Workaday Beauty. Alanna was kind enough to let me take over today as part of the Canadian Beauty Blogger guest post series and share a makeup look that is all about Rose Quartz and Serenity.

Rose Quartz and Serenity are the Pantone Colours of the Year, but since these are pastel shades, they can be hard to translate to makeup. I love using lots of colour in my makeup, so coming up with a mostly pastel look was a bit tricky.

makeup look pantone colours of year rose quartz serenity

My makeup look uses a gradient pink lid with a pop of blue along the lower lash line. I've kept the rest of my face soft with pink blush and pink-nude lip.

makeup look pantone colours of year rose quartz serenity

I used my Sephora Pantone Universe Modern Watercolors Eye palette for this look. The palette comes with a plastic insert that labels each shadow with their Pantone number. My lid has a gradient of 13-1520 Rose Quartz (inner corner), 16-1624 (mid lid), 17-1926 (outer corner), and 15-1607 (crease). My lower lash line is a combination of 15-3919 Serenity and 17-4041.

makeup look pantone colours of year rose quartz serenity

This isn't strictly just a Rose Quartz and Serenity look since I find those shades to be too light on their own, but I tried to stick to softer shades that built on the original two colours. The end result is a very wearable look that really makes the blue shadow the star.

Have you tried any makeup looks using a Rose Quartz and Serenity theme?

Thanks so much to Alanna for letting me post for her today!

Thanks Sarah!  I love how you were way more adventurous than I was in using the Pantone Colours of the Year for your face :)  I kept mine on my nails!  Don't forget to check out everybody else's posts too!



No comments:

Post a Comment