Sephora Favourites | Give Me Some Nude Lip

Tuesday 26 January 2016

in
Sephora Favourites Give Me Some Nude Lip

Who doesn't love a good nude lip?  As you have probably come to see, Sephora Favourites are some of my favourite  kits to buy.  A few months ago they released "Give Me Some Lip" which came in the same pretty pink lip box and contained a mix of full size and deluxe sized products.  They're back with this beautiful nude set.  While it is currently sold out online, I am hoping they will bring it back.

Sephora Favourites Give Me Some Nude Lip

This set contains five lip products: one full size and four deluxe sized.  There is a nice mix of finishes.  Perfect for Spring, I am totally in love with this cool pink set. 

While I don't think the set is suited to all skin tones, I found it to be quite flattering on my pale skin. It would be neat to see Sephora make two or three different nude lip kits based on skin tone.  

The original Give Me Some Lip set retailed for $25 USD/$30CAD, this set retails for $28 USD/$33 CAD.  This set has less full sized products, but it does boast a brand new Tarte lippie, a generous sized NUDESTIX lip crayon, and a full sized NARS lipstick.  I don't mind that there are more deluxe products as I hardly ever finish lipsticks. 

Sephora Favourites Give Me Some Nude Lip Swatch

You can see the swatches on my arm.  I thought that the Laura Mercier lipstick would be horrific, but it is actually a kind of nice peach that is slowly growing on me. 

Tarte Deluxe Tartist Lip Paint in Namaste Nude swatch

Tarte Deluxe Tartist Lip Paint in Namaste Nude (0.10 oz) is Tarte's take on the liquid matte lipstick trend.  It comes with a standard doe applicator, and dries to a nice matte finish that doesn't totally zap my lips.  I found this colour to be a bit more pale than my comfort zone, but thought it was really flattering and am happy that it is now a part of my collection.

Laura Mercier Milky Way Swatch

I thought that Laura Mercier Milky Way Creme Smooth Lipstick in Milky Way (0.07 oz) was going to be pretty ugly based on how the lipstick looks.  However it is actually a kind of flattering golden apricot that is growing on me.  I don't think this will ever become a holy grail, but I could see this being beautiful on somebody with a more olive complexion.  Application was smooth, and I appreciated how pointed the tip was. 

Nudestix whisper swatch

I was really excited about this generous sized NUDESTIX Lip + Cheek Crayon in Whisper (0.088 oz) because this Canadian brand is the master of easy to apply me but better makeup.  I found this to have a nice formula, and am glad to have it now floating somewhere in my purse. 

NARS dolce vita swatch

I was by far the most excited about the inclusion of NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick in Dolce Vita (Full size) because it is such an iconic shade that I actually don't already own.  I've heard that it really is the My-Lips-But-Better shade that looks good on everybody, but also looks different on everybody.  I was surprised at how sheer it is (ps-- sorry that the photo wouldn't focus... you get the idea of how rosey and pretty it is!) but am totally in love. 

marc jacobs primrose lipliner swatch

Finally we have the only lip liner: Marc Jacobs Beauty Mini (P)Outliner Longwear Lip Pencil in Prim(Rose) (cocoa spice) (0.01 oz).  Oh my gosh that is a long name,  This is a beautiful natural spice lip liner, that I have only lined my lips with.  While I am not normally a lip liner girl,it does make any lip look much more sharp.  My only complaint is that mine was a bit dry, and the tip broke off upon first swatch.

So overall I am thrilled with this set.  No duplicates, each nude undeniably a nude, but no overlap.  A holy grail I have always wanted (NARS) and a brand new formula (Tarte).  Really nothing to complain about on my end! If you can get your hands on this I suggest you grab it as these sets always have fantastic value!

No comments:

Post a Comment