GUEST POST | MizzJ's Beauty Resolutions

Saturday 24 January 2015

in
Hi everyone! I am MizzJ, the blogger behind Just J and I'm really happy today to be guest-blogging on Classy On the Run as Alanna's CBB guest blogger for January!

Today I'll be talking about my resolutions this year when it comes to beauty and makeup. Since I'm pretty religious about following a strict beauty regime, most of my resolutions will be about the purchasing and using of products. As a blogger, your product stash can really get out of hand and looking at my Visa bills, that eventually adds up. One lipstick here, or a palette there may not seem like much, but when you have a wedding to plan for, it's time to set some priorities!

So without further ado, in 2015 I would like to...




Shop my stash first, not Sephora. I have so many things stored away that I forget what I do have and end up buying it again! Case in point: I have 5 reserve foundations waiting to be used and that's just what I can think of off the top of my head!

Beauty stash


Only buy items that I absolutely love and cannot stop thinking about and which I can objectively say I don't own already. If I follow #1 for this, I'm halfway there! I only want to buy new things that I really love and need; for example, I convinced myself that I didn't need the Sephora Marsala palette, regretted it later and spent the next week thinking about it constantly until I got it!

IMG_9807

Stop...

Buying makeup as retail therapy. I used to do this a lot with clothes too, but I managed to gain control over that, so now I hope to do the same with makeup. Buying something new can really perk up your day, but it's a dangerous high. From now on, I want to stop buying things on a whim that I don't really care about.

Start...

Giving away more. Whether that's to friends, family, or my followers, I really need to start giving away more products that I know I'm never going to use. I've had this idea to start a page on my blog as way to advertise items I'm giving away, so this year I resolve to get that started.

Those are all my resolutions – what are some of yours?

-----

Thanks for your post MizzJ!  Head on over to her blog and check it out!  I really enjoyed seeing that one of my favourite Canadian soap companies, Rocky Mountain Soap is growing and just opened up in Vancouver!

No comments:

Post a Comment