Body Shop Haul PLUS New Release Sneak Peaks

Wednesday 28 January 2015

in

Last week while my boyfriend had an appointment I had some time to kill in Toronto's Path system.  The Path is this amazing network of underground tunnels that connects any of the larger office buildings to each other-- perfect to avoid the wind tunnels that are oh so common in downtown Toronto winters!  The Path is, of course, lines with shops.  I've always thought of it as a mall for corporate executives.  It has all sorts of stores that my mom would shop at!  Talbots, Laura, Papryus, and not an Ardene's to be seen.



Of course, I stumbled into MAC and exited with a new mini mascara.  I also stopped inside The Body Shop because they had a pretty solid sale on: $10 for a jumbo body scrub, $12 for a bubble bath (regular price) and ~$8 for their new nail polish remover.  They also had double the points promo on, so I got two points instead of one.

On the way out the nice lady working there even let me smell and test out the new Poppy line that they will be releasing soon.  The  products come in black packaging and have a deeper, sexier, more masculine scent than the usual fruity-floral I have come to expect from The Body Shop.  The line includes the usuals, plus a set of three bath bombs, and a self-adjusting coloured lip crayon that starts off sheer black and then adjusts to a colour suited just for you!  When I tried it it was a nice plummy-rose shade.  There will also be some fantastic looking new lip crayons.  Sadly, I was unable to photograph it for you guys, but once it launches I will be picking it up!  Lately I have been really impressed with their newer scent launches.


The photograph doesnt do it justice, but the scrub is a jumbo size which is 2x the size of a regular.  I got the jumbo scrub for $10, where as the regular size is normally $20.


How pretty is that bubble bath melt?

Honeymania Bubble Bath Melt

This is a re-purchase for me!  I love the floral-honey scent and how it fills up the whole room when I have a bath.  There is also something entirely visually appealing about pouring this into the bath-- it looks just like real honey!

Shea Body Scrub

I purchased this as a mini before Christmas and I completely fell in love how wonderfully soft my legs were once I used this after shaving.  Since then, it has become a staple in my shaving routine.  My legs feel like silk when I get out of the shower and put on my PJs!  I like that this is a chunky scrub, and the subtle nutty scent is divine!

Almond Oil Nail Polish Remover

I had herd a lot of good things about this polish remover from other bloggers, but it wasn't until I tried it for myself in the store that I realized how great it was.  While it struggles with glitter, it does a great job at removing creme polishes.  It is acetone free, and contains almond oil. While it does require some extra scrubbing to remove, my nails are left nourished and shiny, rather than brittle and split as they are with my usual remover.  I've been using it for the last few manis I have done, and I just can't get over how healthy my nails have looked bare!

What are your latest body splurges?  Any great after Christmas deals?

No comments:

Post a Comment