My Trip to Winners (1)

Sunday 10 August 2014

in
The other day I had some time to kill, which just happened to be right beside the Yonge and College Winners in downtown Toronto.  

Here's what I found:


There was a bin full of high end makeup in not awful colours...that had been opened and tested and quite frankly looked unsanitary.  

Ladies.  Let's try not to swatch in store? And Winners.  Let's get some testers.  It would make the world a much better place.


I mean look at that poor Stila liner.  Ick.


And this pretty little palette?  Fingers had been all over it.  I legitimately think makeup purchased from a random person in a Facebook group would be cleaner.


This just makes me sad.


See?  They lock up the good stuff and then nobody gets their grubby paws on it.  If only they had saved some of the other products from utter ruin.

Imagine if all products were locked up with one of each left out as a tester?


Swatched.  How is this still for sale?


This was a real diamond in the rough for me!  Ahava is one of my favourite brands for natural(ish) skin and body care.  I love all the Dead Sea based products.  Sadly they did not have my favourite products in their line.  Each product was $24.99 which is more than I would want to pay at Winners.


If you wanted to take the time you could probably find some gems.


Julep polishes for $7.99 including the infamous Kennedy.  Literally all the worst colours you generally find in a Mystery Box for awful prices.


This retails for $36 at Sephora.  I'm not sure why a perfect condition full sized product is here, but it makes me wonder if they will be pulling it from the line?  Its a pretty product but I hear it lacks staying power.




My Signature is DC for $7.99 from OPI's recent Coca Cola line. Not a bad deal!


It took so much will power to resist these.


$24.99 by Fossil.  Adorable, but not worth it.


"But you save $659".  Seriously, not sure who has $340 to buy this would actually buy it at Winners.  


This little set was cute!  I seriously considered purchasing it!



However, at the end of the day I picked up these two Essie base coats for $5.99 each.  I can't wait to test them out and report back on which I prefer!

I wish Winners would do a better job at protecting their higher quality makeup.  I wouldn't consider purchasing something that had finger marks all over the product.  I can only imagine how much this costs them in lost revenue from effectively unsellable products.

Have you found any good buys at Winners lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment