Face Of The Day: IPSY July Bag

Saturday 9 August 2014

in
Today I decided to test out my new makeup that came in my most recent IPSY bag (read my review here) this weekend.  As I have mentioned, I gave the moisturizer to my mom.  I will be saving the split end mender until I go on my vacation at the end of the summer -- perfect travel size.

With that in mind, I tested out the mascara, eyeshadow, and tint.



Items Used:

bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in Muse/Passion
Pür Minerals Big Look Waterproof Mascara (0.12 oz) 
Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass in Cherry (0.35 oz) *Full Size* 


My Face of the Day:


I did my usual routine for my eyebrows/foundation/blush etc and used the featured products for my lips and eyes.  I really dislike using tints on my cheeks and prefer it for my lips.


bareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in Muse/Passion
5 Stars
I first applied Urban Decay's Sin primer all over my eyelids.  Then I applied the lighter shimmery pink shade all over my eyelids.  Using a fluffy dome brush I applied the darker purple shade in my crease.  This set was the real winner for me!  I love how creamy and pigmented these shadows are.  When I run out of this (which I know I will!) I will be picking the full sized shadow up.  This product is a real winner in my books!

Pür Minerals Big Look Waterproof Mascara (0.12 oz)
2 Stars 
When they say this mascara is waterproof, they mean it.  While it applies nicely, and builds up the way I like it too (big and bold!) it is a real hassle to remove!  By hassle I mean I used my usual Quo wipes...and it stayed put.  So then I used another eye make up remover...and it stayed put.  And then I used my Julep Bare Face oil cleanser and that sort of got some off.  I went to sleep and then washed it off in the morning.  Incase you lost track, I used sleep and four different makeup removers to get it off. Closer to drugstore quality as opposed to high end quality, this mascara has a medium or so brush and a formula that errs on the side of wet.   While I like the look of the mascara, I just can't use a mascara that I have to fight to remove.  I will probably keep it around incase I ever need a truly waterproof formula but I really just don't want to use again.

Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass in Cherry (0.35 oz) *Full Size* 
4 Stars
I love this as a lip product, but am not a fan of it as a cheek product.  I find it hard to blend.  That being said, the cherry scent is delightful.  I find the first few minutes this product it on my lips that it feels strange.  However, two coats creates a matte cherry red lip that no matter how many drinks you have, snacks you eat, or kisses you steal your lips stay flawless.  This product has crazy staying power that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't take it off.  It just took time for it to fade.  Over all nothing special about this product.  Its just like any other red lip stain.



Over all I loved the makeup that came in my IPSY bag.  I am really glad I got the powder eyeshadow rather than the cream shadow that I originally wanted.  The formula of the power shadow was super creamy and blendable.  The lip stain was also wonderful.  However, the mascara was way too tough to remove.

Given how little this bag costs I am not complaining about the duds.  There was enough in this bag to merit another month.

Have you tried out for makeup from your IPSY bag yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment