May: Favourites, Empties, and Wish List

Monday 2 June 2014

in
Favourites

The Works Onion Rings and Beachhouse Sauce


I have to admit, I was never really an "onion ring" person.  Until my boyfriend took me to The Works for the first time last year.  Now we go about once a month.  Every time we order the Onion Ring Tower.  He likes to switch up his sauce, but I always ask for Beachhouse.  It reminds me of a garden veggie ranch, he says its a mayo, but whatever it is, it is delicious.  We had a pretty stressful day last week, so to make it better we went out for a nice lunch.  These delicious, perfect onion rings hit the spot.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen
Shoppers Drug Mart


I envy those who can walk outside and get a nice golden tan.  I am really, really pale so this SPF 60 is my best friend.  Last week I forgot my sunscreen for an hour, and I got quite the burn.  At least when it gets better it will be a tan.  

Unique Graphique Rosa Notebook
$10 Papyrus


Last month I noticed this pretty little book while I was meandering The Path in downtown Toronto.  IT was $10.  It was floral.  And now, it is mine.  I love that when I have an idea to jot down, or a list to make that I can pull this little feminine book out.


Empties

Benefit: They're Real Mascara


I know, I know, one should only keep a mascara around for 3 months.  I have had this one around for...a while.  I love how it looks when its on, but I am not a fan of plastic mascara brushes (I love the big fluffy ones!) and I find the formula pretty tough to remove.  I have placed myself on a strict mascara no-buy since about December because I have a dozen mini mascaras, and four unopened full sized mascaras to get through.  I might re-purchase this one one day, but when I get through my mascara stash my first mascara purchase will be Make Up For Ever's Smokey Lash.  

Wish List

Yves Saint Laurent: Gloss Volupté #19


I was at the Bay a few weeks ago when I was handed two samples of 3 lip glosses.  I fell in love with the kiss-shapped applicator.  This gloss adds a nice glimmer to my lips and I can't wait to pick the full size!  In the winter I am all about lipstick, but this spring I can't get enough of glosses!  I really like that this one isn't sticky.  
Yves Saint Laurent: Touche Éclat #1


YSL has the prettiest, classiest packaging!  I love the look of this gold pen.  I have eyed it in store for months, and have tried it, I love how it brightens under my eyes and conceals evidence of my lack of sleep.  Maybe at the end of June I will take the $50 plunge.

Benefit: Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm in Lollibalm


I doubt this works better than any other tinted lip balm but it is so so so so pretty.  I love the packaging. I love that it is on trend with the colour of the year.  I love the colour.  I don't need it.  But I want it.

Update:  I tried it in Shoppers Drug Mart.  I love how it makes my lips feel however I didn't really notice it on.  Before I decide if I am going to buy it I am going to try one of those EOS sphere lip balms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment