Make Up Forever: Smoky Extravagant Mascara

Monday 21 October 2013

in
A few weeks ago at Sephora, I tried to pick up my usual mascara, Smashbox's Full Exposure Mascara ($22 at Sephora), but it was gone.  None left.  At all.  Not wanting to leave in bitter disappointment, and not wanting to have naked eyelashes (well, that's a lie- I have so, so, so many sample sized mascaras.  But that's not the point.) I took a gamble, and tried a new mascara with a massive brush Make Up Forever: Smoky Extravagant Mascara ($28 at Sephora) based on the Sephora lady's recommendation.   

In terms of price they are in a similar range for mid level luxury mascara (in other words, not Dior pricing, not Maybelline pricing).  With tax, its the difference between $25 and about $30.  

It has an interesting aerodynamic styled tube and a massive brush that tapers at the end.  I was pretty excited to try it.

I think I used it wrong the first time as it did not look all too different from my usual.  At first I wiped the excess product that wells up at the end back into the tube.  And then... a light bulb went off!


The aerodynamic tube!

The massive brush! 
I applied the first coat like normal.  But for the second coat I turned the brush vertical and coaxed the welled up product to the base of my lashes.  Then, I applied my second coat... and wow.

Look how long those are!  I have very blonde, average eyelashes.  Note: No eyelash curler used for this picture.

No need for fake eyelashes with this around!

My lashes felt massive.  I love it!  These lashes with a black cat eye and a bold lip stick?  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.

Could this end up replacing the special place Smashbox mascara has in my heart?  I don't know.  Probably.  Yes.  Full Exposure seems a little lacklustre now.  I plan on buying this mascara again, now that I know how to use it, once I have gotten through a few tubes I have in my mascara jar.  I really need to declutter my make up counter.  



No comments:

Post a Comment